All of the below information refers to both emilyjtaylor.co.uk & ejits.co.uk (both are owned by Emily J. Taylor illustration) and their respective websites and email subscriber lists.
(last updated 25th Oct 2018)
The information I collect:
When you subscribe to my mailing list you provide me with your email address and full name only.
When you fill out my contact form you provide me with your full name, email address and any other personal information you feel is necessary in the message field of my contact form.
To use my services you may also provide me with the following information, including:
- Your name
- An email address
- A postal address
- Payment information
- Details of the product or service that you have requested
- Any additional information you choose to provide me with if necessary to my business
Why I need your information and how I use it:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my service, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided me with your express consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up to my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services;
Information sharing and disclosure:
Information about my customers is very important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I am a UK citizen and therefore live within the EU and do not currently need to transfer your information overseas. I will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU without first giving you warning and telling you why and how I will transfer that data giving you plenty of time to opt-out and remove your information from transfer. If such a transfer becomes necessary I will ensure I adhere to EU laws in compliance with the conditions for transfer set out in the GDPR.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Emily J. Taylor, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Emily J. Taylor, 16A Elliston Road, Bristol, BS6 6QE. U.K.
(last updated 25th May 2018)
Cookies and how they Benefit You
These cookies help me:
- Make my website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Instagram
- Continuously improve my website for you
- Make my marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies I use below
More about my Cookies
Website Function Cookies
My own cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to my site (this isn’t currently the case but I will be adding a blog in the future where comments will be allowed).
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use my site.
Third party functions
- Embedded Vimeo Videos
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily find, share and follow my content on social media platforms like Instagram, Behance, LinkedIn and Pinterest I have included these links on my site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of this website and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.